Do you have a passion for technology and getting people excited about learning? We are looking for an engineer or technical instructor to help us train all new developers, testers, business analysts, and designers on the technologies we use every day. A lot of the curriculum leverages online training tools and focuses on teaching Apex, a Java-based language proprietary to Salesforce.
As an instructor, you will have a very important role in helping people build their careers. You will motivate the team and, as your own Salesforce knowledge increases, help them understand everything that will make them successful on their first project…and as they grow with Oktana.
This is not a developer job, but you should have hands-on programming experience – Java is a plus! You will start your time at Oktana by completing the same training material you will teach and continue to learn as time goes on.
As a member of the training team, you will also help identify training opportunities, create content and deliver new training when needed, including soft skills training and training on other platforms. Your goal is to contribute to a happy team by encouraging them to continuously learn and help them earn the certifications they need to be successful.
You will collaborate heavily with team members located in different parts of the world from our recently opened office in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
- Work with a team to continuously improve the onboarding and training experience
- Guide aspiring developers towards entry-level capabilities
- Help advanced developers gain new skills
- Be proactive and engaged with the team to explain the subject and answer any questions
- Ensure team members are ready for certification exams
- Coordinate mentors for anyone who needs one
- Develop new training content and workshops
- Communicate Salesforce release notes, exam renewals and other training information
- Manage all other administrative tasks related to training your team
- Technical training and certification on the Salesforce platform
- Opportunities to grow within Oktana as your knowledge expands
- Business acumen and professional development opportunities specific to the high tech industry
- Experience as a teacher, trainer, or instructor is preferred
- Experience as a team, technical, or application development manager
- Proven experience and subject matter expertise in the field of software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Spanish and English)
- Ability to manage time, multi-task, and handle urgent interruptions with patience and professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline preferred