Oktana is a custom software development company specializing in Salesforce technologies.
We are looking for an IT & Operations Support Specialist who is passionate about making people’s lives easier. You will support our primarily remote US team of 30 people. You will provide local and remote helpdesk support, maintain our office security infrastructure, manage all hardware inventory and help us keep our office in order.
This is a unique role. You will be key to our growth, providing new team members with a smooth onboarding experience and current employees the support they need to deliver to our customers. This will include configuration of hardware, basic repairs and shipping of hardware to employees and our locations in Latin America.
Periodically, with guidance, you will help with other projects ranging from troubleshooting networking issues to helping us improve our office environment.
This is a part-time position, with benefits, based in our office in downtown Charleston, West Virginia. Ideal hours are 8:00am – 12:00pm.
- Inventory management, provisioning, imaging, troubleshooting and software installation for MacOS laptops.
- Inventory management of standard peripherals and accessories.
Ensure our locations in Latin America always have the hardware they need.
- Assist in the administration of operating systems and managed software suite.
- Document, track, respond, and resolve US-based support tickets including issues related to access management.
- Oversee office security hardware and software, including badging.
- Maintain and demonstrate 100% compliance with all written security policies, SOC 2 procedures and change management controls.
- Act as office manager managing mail, coordination with building management and other duties as necessary.
- Highschool degree or GED
- Current knowledge of Apple hardware and general technology trends
- Ability to work projects through to completion with minimal direct supervision
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus
- Knowledge of networking or desktop security (anti-virus/anti-spam/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Apple OS and Apple repair experience